Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day Light Savings

Its Day Light Savings! All I have to say about that is for once in my life it has SAVED me! Last night I was up late working on some stuff to sell on ETSY. Nalgene Cozy's (picture bellow) maybe in a few weeks when I'm done with the Xmas gifts ill post a tutorial but for now I'm swamped with work but I'll try I promise. I was up way way way past my bed time and woke up to find that it was day light savings!!! So instead of it being 8:30 it was 7:30 I know what your thinking its the weekend you should be sleepinging well 7:30 is sleeping in for someone who gets up at 4:45 during the week. So I got my ass out of bed and off to the gym for some cardio! Then it was hard core errand time went to Target, IKEA, Home Depot, Picked up Laundry the works! So now hopefully I have everything to finish up Christmas gifts and a few little things for myself if I'm Lucky!




I'm also back into the Baking mood and pumpkin is the theme as usual (I NAB do here by promise that after November 30 there will be no more pumpkin till next fall!). So here they are some Pumpkin Choco-Chip Cookies. They kinda look like those muffins I baked a while ago but there not! Actually I find the cookies to be BETTER than the muffins. When the boy toy comes to town in a few weeks I will break out the pumpkin pie recipe! This recipe is an adaptation of THIS Amazing post by Dinner with Kirsten! So Here we go...



Pumpkin Choco-Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 Table spoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick of butter softened
1 stick of margarine softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 15 oz. can pumpkin (the smaller can)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans depending upon your liking


Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease baking sheets.


Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, Cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Beat in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in morsels and nuts.


Place 1 ounce ball like shapes on the cookie sheet and Bake for 15-20 Minutes (edges should be lightly browned). Place on wire racks to cool (or be like me use that old newspaper and spread it out on the table and put the cookies on there to cool it will also help absorb some of the grease)

Your done! Now enjoy maybe with some Vanilla Ice Cream (damn diet cant have to too many ill pawn them off at work!)


No comments:

Post a Comment