Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thank GOD I can Bake

There are days when I Thank God for giving me the skills to bake. And today was one of them. My office co-workers know its Monday when they walk in the office and see a batch of my newest and finest creations sitting on the front counter. I really think its the only reason they show up early on Monday. This week I made cookies but not just any cookies and for not just any reason. Our New Gal hinted to me that she was looking forward to Monday. So I knew it was time to break out an oldie but goodie. Sugar Cookies. But not just any Sugar Cookie my Mom's recipe which who knows where she got it but I'm pretty sure its from Great Grandma Betsy but I could be wrong. These cookies have the perfect texture are flaky and crisp will drive you made because you cant stop eating them! Best of all they are quick and easy to make and throwing the dough in the fridge wont kill the cookie!


So here I present to you the Sugar Cookie

Ingredients
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. granulated sugar
1 cube margarine
1 c. cooking oil canola veggie whatever you like but NO Olive Oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
4 c. plus 2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar (buy it its worth every penny)

Devices
1 spoon
2 mixing bowls
1 drinking glass

Special
1 small bowl of sugar


How too...

Preheat oven to 350-375

Melt margarine, blend with powdered sugar and granulated sugar. Add cooking oil vanilla and eggs. In the 2nd bowl mix together flour baking soda salt and Cream of Tartar. Mix together dry and wet ingredients you have dough!

Make a ball with dough that is about the size of a Walnut and place on cookie sheet. Take drinking glass and dip in bowl of sugar and flatten the dough ball on the cookie sheet you want to leave about 1/2 an inch between each cookie. Place in oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. These sound delicious! I know my fellow nurses would appreciate something like this to look forward to on a Monday morning. One question - how much is a cube of margerine? Did you mean a stick? Thanks
    Susan in NC
    sgalasso@triad.rr.com

    ReplyDelete