Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips

My life right now is CRAZY!!! So much to do so little time! But I did take some time out to make banana bread with chocolate chips while making pancakes for dinner last night. Yeah I multitask!

Its a recipe from my Mom so of course its my comfort food!

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Pre-Heat oven to 350Degree's

3 Bananas Mashed-(we save our brown banana's in the freezer until we have enough)
2 Eggs
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Shortening or Butter (I like the Shortening makes the bread light and fluffy!)

Combine the above ingredients one at at time in the mixer

2 cups flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda

Combine above in separate bowl and then slowly add to the wet ingredients in the mixer.

Finally Add Chocolate chip I use about 1-1.5 cups depends on how chocolaty you want them!

Now you want to grease a bread pan or silicone shape pans (I get mine at target after a holiday so they are dirt cheap!). You can also do cupcakes. Place in oven and bake.
Bread Pan 45-60 minutes
Cupcake or silicone shape pans 30-40 minutes

Check the bread by piercing with a knife. The knife should be clean (ie no wet batter)

Best served warm with ice cream...or is that just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment