Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Scarves Scarves Everywhere

Poodles thinks I have an addiction or at least a new one. SCARVES. Yes I'm in a mood for Scarves cause its so cold! I'm also trying to use up some scraps so I made these scrappy chenille scarves! And they are so EASY.


1. Gather your scraps

2. Get some Chenille or soft fabric (even some flannel will work)

3. Decide how wide and long you would like your scarf (mine are about 5 inches wide x 50 inches when done) and then add your seam allowance. I added 1/2 an inch to each side so I could have a 1/2 seam allowance. If you want it exactly like me your going to want two pieces of fabric your scraps to be 7x51 inches and your Chenille 7x51inches as well.

4. Next make a pattern for your scraps or just start sewing them together. Remeber to Iron the seams so they look like this
5. Cut out both your chenille and soft fabric to the width and length + 1/2 an inch to each side (for mine that would be 7x51inches)

6. Place the right sides together and pin together

7. Sew together with a 1/2 inch seam allowance leaving a 3 inch space on one of the long ends so you can turn it right side out



8. Turn right side out and pin close the opening and sew the opening shut and then around the entire scarf. My stitch is about 1/4inch or less from the edge. I have also added a decorative stitch which is a zig zag pattern under that. 9. Your done Easy Peazy Lemon Squeezy!



These two are posted on Etsy if you would like to buy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment