Monday, December 22, 2008

Chronicles of Bak-O-Rama Part deux

So the baking continued from Thursday all the way to Friday evening (ie 12am). It was a lot of fun very sweet and sticky. Boy Toy was here to help as well. We are heading back to So Cal later today. So this is the 2nd cookie a White chip Cookies from the Taste of Home Test Kitchen. I have to say its quick but not as easy as I thought. you use a package of devils food cake and the batter is very very very thick! Also it calls for a 9oz package of devils food cake but did you know that the packages are actually 18oz so I doubled the recipe. The cookies are VERY sweet which I was expecting but they are so sweet my sweet tooth said no more! Here is the recipe and please forgive me i forgot to take pictures of the final product (they really are n0t cute cookies) they remind me of hockey pucks but really rough.
White Chip Cookies
Ingredients
1 package (9oz) devils food cake mix
1 egg
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 tablespoon milk
3/4 cup vanilla or white cho chips
Directions
Preheat oven to 350
Combine cake mix egg cocoa cream cheese and mix until we blended (batter will be VERY thick)
Stir in chips.


Drop tablespoons 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet cook for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Now for my honest opinion I would never do these cookies again unless I needed a quick fix. The batter was HELL to deal with and my kitchen was covered in chocolate. The batter is so thick that its even hard to get it off the spoon onto the cookie sheet. So I wouldn't suggest to have your kids help you on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment