Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Power of the BLOG

Who knew a Blog could be so powerful? I know I don't have many followers, but today I came up with an idea for my work. If you didn't know I'm an accountant (boring) but I'm a creative thinker so they come to me often for ideas and suggestions. I also work in an area known as Agricultural Sustainability and HERE is our site. To be quite honest I still don't know what it all means but what I get from it is a better way of farming for the future. So we do a lot of stuff that has to do with BIG words like Nitrogen Supplementation yadayadayada. Stuff the common folk like me don't understand. But at my work we do some fun stuff like Chocolate Tasting. Now don't think this is like hard core we go into a room take a sample and give our thoughts. No its a group effort we get a chocolate bar stand around and do a chocolate tasting blurting out what we think then we write it down in a note book and tape (yes tape) the wrapper to the paper. Well today the discussion came up of that we need to keep a log so we can ensure we don't try things twice we were also coming up with ways to better access people who don't know anything about ASI. And I had to open my big mouth and say that we needed a chocolate tasting blog. Well apparently my idea has been a hit and has now been expanded to the idea of giving reviews on AG sustainable items along with the chocolate. Who knew one little word could be so powerful and hopefully reach thousands and thousands of people who are interested in what we do or at least chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment