Friday, August 21, 2009

When I learned quilting was not my thing

So for all of you quilters out there I don't know how you do it! I've been attempting to quilt along with Oh Fransson. It has been lets say nightmareish. Either I don't know how to measure Or I don't know how to sew. Either way I've kinda sorta put it to the side to give it a rest. Maybe I should pony up and take a quilters class. How I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be good at quilting! I think I might just stick with pillows! One day I'm going to make myself a Top but until then ill stick with squares!

1 comment:

  1. If you want to do an easy quilt, try strip quilting. Instead of squares, you use strips of fabric. That way there are no places where corners meet. and once you have all the strips sewn together, you "square it up" with a rotary cutter...so it does not matter if its a bit wonky to start. I helped my 6 year old make a cuddle blanket for her little sister this way. She did pretty well. We backed it with soft Minky, sewn on without a binding (right sides together and flip). You could probably take whatever you made with Franson and turn it into a strip quilt to salvage your hard work and fabric investment.

    ReplyDelete